Dumbo is going to be present at several events and festivals this summer. First up is The Meadows Festival.
You can of course still get your daily fix of Union of Genius soup at Forrest Road: now open Monday to Saturday. Check out the weekly menu here.
As ever, keep an eye on Facebook to keep up to date.
Meadows Festival June 7 & 8
To celebrate Dumbo’s brand new paint job we are launching a brand new product at the festival: bunny chow. It is a classic South African street-food, first eaten in Durban during World War 2. A hot spicy sauce is stuffed into a quarter loaf of bread so that labourers can eat it as they walk and have nothing left over.
For our bunny chow we are using specially created rolls (the bunny) from the award-winning Manna House Bakery and offering two fillings: one vegetarian and one meat-lovers option. The chow is based on two of our most popular soups. The meat lovers version is a lamb dhansak that is chock-full of bright, zingy flavours. The vegetarian option is our Mexican black bean and butternut with plenty of deep, savoury goodness.
And in case you’re wondering why it’s called bunny chow: nobody knows.
- Tomato and roasted red pepper with harissa (vegan; df; gf)
- The Big Green – cream of courgette and spinach (veggie; gf)
- Chorizo y adobe – sweet potato and Lupe Pinto’s chorizo blended with adobo sauce (df; gf)
- Lamb dhansak
- Mexican Black Bean (vegetarian)*
- Freekeh with feta, apricot and almond (veggie)
- Tagine-spiced chickpea (vegan; df, gf)